Come to the next contra dance!
Dances start at 8:00 PM with a lesson at 7:30 PM, unless otherwise noted.
Date: Monday December 12
Location: Carrboro Century Center
Description: Rushfest! Contra dancing to recorded music, from Frank Sinatra to Journey to Michael Jackson to Katy Perry. Light! Emily Rush DJ'ing! 7:30 lesson, dancing 8-10:30 pm, $10 general admission, $6 students and discretionary.
To give us feedback on bands and callers, click here.
- Live music
- No partner necessary
- Beginners welcome
- All dances taught
- Free lesson at 7:30 pm
- Dance 8-11 pm
- Great exercise
- And a national magazine just said contra dancing was No. 1 on its list of awesome to do on a date (without alcohol)! Click here to see the article.
What is contra dance?
Read more about contra dancing.
When do we dance?
Check the schedule.
- Second Fridays at Carrboro Century Center - by TCD
- Fourth and fifth Fridays at Reality Center - by TCD
- Community dances some Saturdays at Binkley Baptist Church - by TCD
- First Saturdays at Carrboro Century Center - by Footloose/Contrazz
- Third Fridays at Carrboro Century Center - by Carolina Song and Dance Association
Become a member!
You can become a Triangle Country Dancers member and save on dance admission. Members save $2 on each dance! Another benefit of membership is our newsletter "The Hey!" which is published 6 times a year. Read more about membership.
Carrboro Commons Documentary Video of TCD: link
NPR's All Things Considered: Youth Flock To Contra Dancing : link
To see a PBS report on contra dancing in Maine, click here.
Whoopin' It Up! Students at the Center for Documentary Studies interview Linda Cooper about contra dance:
Carrboro Century Center videos.
Reality Center videos.
Pleasant Green videos.
Reality Center with The Mighty Babylonians - CulBlu's video is used courtesy of Dequan Powell
Carrboro Century Center with Sassafras Stomp - CulBlu's video is used courtesy of Dequan Powell